Saturday, January 3, 2009

Top Ten 2008

So here are some lists of my top ten favorites of 2008.

BANDS:

These aren’t necessarily my top favorite bands of all time but ones that I discovered this year and LOVE! I have probably listened to these bands more than any other this year. (Despite Death Cab who has been my favorite for a few years. Also the Shins, Stills, and Stokes.) I could add a ton more to this list. I have found more great unknown bands on my own this year than I ever have. I have gotten tired of all the same old unoriginal popular music and have learned that there is a ton of great music out there that not a lot of people know about. It has sort of become a hobby of mine in finding new music.

1. Band of Horses
2. Rogue Wave
3. Death Cab for Cutie
4. The Stills
5. The Shins
6. Matt Costa
7. Fleet Foxes
8. Built to Spill
9. The Strokes
10. Regina Spektor

SONGS:

1. “Noones Gonna Love You” Band of Horses
2. “First Day of My Life” Bright Eyes
3. “Chicago x 12” Rogue Wave
4. “White Winter Hymnal” Fleet Foxes
5. “Gone for Good” The Shins
6. “Free bird” Lynryd Skynyrd
7. “A Movie Script Ending” Death Cab for Cutie (or pretty much anything by them)
8. “The End Has No End” The Strokes
9. “Else” Built to Spill
10. “Shiver” Coldplay

BOOKS:
I have grown to love reading more than ever.

1. The Age of Innocence
2. Wuthering Heights
3. Jane Eyre
4. The House of Mirth
5. The Fountainhead (I’m not nearly finished but so far its amazing!)
6. The Catcher in the Rye
7. The Thirteenth Tale
8. Twilight Series (I don’t necessarily think they are the best written books but I enjoyed reading them.)
9. Angels & Demons
10. Marley and Me

MOVIES:

This one was actually hard for me to find 10 of. There have been some amazing movies out this year but not as many as I thought. I still haven't seen The Curious Case of Benjamin Button which would probably make the list.

1. Ironman
2. Definitely, Maybe
3. The Dark Knight
4. The Incredible Hulk
5. Cloverfield
6. 27 Dresses
7. Quantum of Solace
8. 21
9. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
10. Valkryie
11. Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist

TV SHOWS:

1. The Office
2. Heroes
3. Chuck
4. Pushing Daisies
5. That 70's Show
6. Privileged
7. Bones
8. Seinfeld (always a favorite)
9. Scrubs

HAPPY 2009!

2 comments:

{Steve and Amanda} said...

I really should "expand my horizon" when it comes to listening to music. I have a tendency of going to the well known names. I recently read Wuthering Height and Jane Eyre. I liked them both but I think I liked Wuthering Heights better. I read Angels and Demons before I read the DaVinci Code awhile ago and I actually liked Angels and Demons way better. They are coming out with a movie for it. It better be good.
Glad to see you guys had a good Christmas, your tree is really pretty. We didn't even put one up, we aren't Scrouge's, we just didn't have the motivation. Pretty sad.

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

YAY now i can steal all your favorite songs and make a playlist!! :) ...oh and i still need to steal your music!!