Monday, November 1, 2010

the story of the shiny black bob

being a big time movie star Charlie Chaplin never had to vie for a ladies affection

he could make them laugh without saying a word


but there was one little lady, Clara Bow, who saw through his gimmicks and found his moustache to be despicable


she also said that miming gave her the creeps
although he could potentially have any other lady he was not going to give up

there was something about her shiny black bob that made his heart do cartwheels


and he found her little white pooch to be quite charming


he attempted to win her heart by complimenting her

he told her “hey baby, I don't usually like flappers but I think you're swell! lets head to the juice joint!”


she raised her eyebrows and said “I’m not into the flapper scene, I’m an actress! didn't you see me in the Scarlet West?”


to recover he blurted out “well I think you’re the bee’s knees!”


she turned away whipping her shiny black bob



but Charlie had a plan to win her heart

late one night he went to her window

he serenaded her with her favorite love song Stardust


“sometimes I wonder why I spend

The lonely night

Dreaming of a song

The melody haunts my reverie

And I am once again with you

When our love was new, and each kiss an inspiration

But that was long ago, and now my consolation

Is in the stardust of a song”


this was one thing she couldn’t resist

she instantly fell in love


and that is the untold story of Charlie Chaplin and Clara Bow

6 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

HAHAHA LOVE IT!!!! ;)

miss chaz. said...

this is just ADORABLE!

I LOVED your costumes!:)

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Love the story, haha, that's awesome. I think your costumes were perfect! You pull off that hairstyle really well :) I barely recognized Jason in that first picture. I like that Gigi got in on the action too.

Wilson and Desiree Luong said...

lovelovelove!

Kathy and Levi said...

You guys always have the best costumes. At first I thought the first picture was really Charlie Chaplin. I think next year I will have to get some ideas from you.

The Lepetich Family said...

You guys are so cute!! Loved it!!