Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Free sandwiches for Life

If you were to ask Jason and I what our favorite meal is (or what we eat most often) it would be sandwiches. They are quick, easy, cheap and delicious. When we go out to eat we tend to go to sandwich places but the one that we go to more than any other is Firehouse Subs. I think they have to be the most delicious sandwiches I have ever put in my mouth! Their secret is that they steam the sandwiches and it makes them incredibly juicy! We go there at least every other week. It is conveniently very close to our house. We were there a few months ago and they were having a big celebration (when they made their first dollar after paying off the building I think) and the chamber of commerce was there and reps from a bunch of different companies. We were eating outside because it was way too packed inside. Well they suddenly all came out and lined up for a picture and Jason decided to stand in the back on his tiptoes (which makes him probably 7 feet tall) and I was a little embarrased so I just stood normal trying to be inconspicuous. We kept joking afterwards that it would be funny if they actually put that picture up with us in it. Well when we were there last weekend we saw that picture on the wall with Jason and I in it! We thought it was SO funny!! Jason told one of the workers about it and they were like "you got in it?? I'm not even in that picture!" I think we deserve free sandwiches for life or something. We're such great customers that we actually have our picture on the wall!


You can see Jason pretty easily but you can only catch the side of my face. (I am the square)

4 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

YOUR FAMOUS!! heres your big break to stardom! :)

{Steve and Amanda} said...

OH my goodness they've got some good sandwiches there. I would probably be embarrassed too if Steve did that.

Okay, this is random, but I update Steve on blogs every once in a great while because he wants to know what is going on with everyone else. So the other day we were scrolling through yours and Steve asked, "who's dog is that?" referring to Gigi...I reply, "um...Steve, that's theirs, You know, Gigi, you have seen her before, many times" and he still didn't know what I was talking about. I thought it was so funny. Guys often aren't too observant I guess!

Kathy and Levi said...

Levi and I always eat sandwiches. We usually go to Neds Krazy subs because it is so close to us but we will have to try that place sometime. It sounds yummy! You can totally tell that is Jason, that is hilarious!!!

SG said...

Ha! That is great that you guys are in the pic...so funny! And thats awesome that you are headed to Chicago this weekend....you should just come a little further east and visit me in nyc! haha! Hope everything is going good with ya guys!