Tuesday, November 3, 2009

yodel-aye-hee-who!

I have always loved Halloween.  I love dressing up and seeing other peoples costumes.  I usually start thinking of what I should be in September- even though I usually don't end up being what I originally planned.  I'm not saying that I have always had the best costumes, but that doesn't take the fun out of it for me.  This year I found my dress the end of September at a thrift store in the vintage section for 4$.  I thought it was so cute and I couldn't pass it up.  I added a slip and some pigtail braids and I decided that I would be a Dutch girl (a modest one despite all of the Dutch costumes I found online.)  Jason doesn't enjoy dressing up nearly as much as me (or at all) so I was surprised when I came home from work one day and he was wearing a complete yodeller outfit and was doing a little dance.  He was hilarious.  He didn't have to buy any part of his costume which was great. 



Someone mentioned we could be Hansel and Gretel but Jason was quick remind them that that would be incestuous.






We carved pumpkins and made caramel apples with my family on friday night


Jason and I did a "Where the Wild Things Are" theme and I LOVE how they turned out!




4 comments:

Wilson and Desiree Luong said...

ok, your pumpkins are works of art! I am way impressed!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Your outfits are so cute! I love your dress. And the pumpkins look really cool. I've only read the book but haven't seen the movie.

Kathy and Levi said...

Wow those pumpkins are amazing! I am way to impatient to make a pumpkin look that good. I love the costumes!

miss chaz. said...

your costumes were SOOO CUTE!!!!! and your pumpkins look amazing too:)