Thursday, May 19, 2016

the Tortoise and the Hedgehog

about a month after we moved into our house we brought home a desert tortoise we named Matilda. I was curious what a tortoise and a hedgehog would do if they met and one day I made it happen. these two bonded immediately.
they just stared at each other like this without any fear or aggression. pretty soon the story of the tortoise and the hare will be replaced by the true story of the tortoise and the hedgehog. the heartwarming tale of how this unlikely duo overlooked their differences of quills and a hard shell to form a deep bond. Disney will want to buy the rights for a movie about the unusual pair. it will include songs like "Nobody hugs a hedgehog" and "Life inside a shell" that describe their loneliness before meeting. 
to make things even more heartwarming, Tarley joined them and they quickly became a trio
maybe Marvel would be interested in animal superheros? I'm not sure what their superpowers would be but I know I wouldn't want to mess with them.
I am lucky I get to say I was there when their story began.

No comments: