Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Turkey Trot!

On Thanksgiving morning I did the 10k turkey trot!! A 10k is 6.2 miles and it really wasn't that bad because I have been training for it. I run every day at least 3 miles and I ran 6 miles twice last week so that this wouldn't be that big of a deal. I expected to be dead tired at the end but instead I had a ton of energy and my muscles felt tingly. It was weird but great! It was an amazing day for it as well because it was cloudy and perfectly cool.. I was glad that it wasn't raining though like it was the day before. The weather was perfect! I actually did really good and got 49 minutes! That is better than I have done when I was training and I think all of the people motivated me to go faster. There was probably 1000 people running in it! It was crazy but very fun! Jason's siblings ran the race also. I was surprised that I beat all of Jason's siblings (except Brendan who is an awesome runner and got about 36 minutes!!)- I did not expect to at all. Overall I had a great time and am very glad I did it!

I had to get a picture with the turkey!

All of us after the race!




Happy Thanksgiving!!











3 comments:

Steve + Brindy Arnett said...

yay! RUN FOREST RUN!! :) that would have been a perfect day to run that... it was so nice! maybe next year ill try to Rollerblade it!

Shauna said...

That is awesome Romi! I'm impressed!!

{Steve and Amanda} said...

Way to go Romi! You are quite the runner.