Friday, July 22, 2011

sometimes i can't believe it, i'm moving past the feeling

Back in April Jason and I got to see Arcade Fire in concert.  The first time I heard them was in '07 the year we got married and I immediately loved them.  That love has only grown and now they are in my top favorite bands if not my most favorite.  When I found out they were coming here the tickets were already sold out, but we were able to find tickets on craigslist.  It was such a great show and probably the best concert I have ever been to. I don't think I stopped smiling or dancing the entire show. We had seats and I wanted so badly to be in the front pit area so I could dance more.  I just had so much energy and excitement and I felt so constrained by the seats. That is the only negative thing I could say about the concert. Jason had a blast as well and I think he agrees it was the best concert we have been to.

The lead singer Win and the backup vocalist Regine (she also plays many different instruments) are husband and wife which makes it a little more special. Regine sang a couple solos and her voice is very unique and it works perfectly with their sound. She sang Sprawl II (Mountains vs. Mountains) for the encore song and she was so captivating to watch. She was spinning around with streamers on the instrumental part and was a great performer.  

Local Natives were the opening band who I had known before the concert and was happy to be able to see them too. They were signing autographs afterwards and so we had all of them sign a cd.








No comments: