Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wide-eyed walker do not wander through the dawn...

In May Jason and I took a weekend getaway to the romantic destination of... Tucson.  I had won a two night stay and a game of golf at the Omni Hotel in Tucson at my dad's office party back in October, and when we found out Fleet Foxes were coming in May it was deemed a perfect time to go. The golf pass had actually expired last year but they were nice enough to extend it for another year. We didn't use it so we'll be going back to golf for the first time.

We spent the day of the concert driving around to thrift and vintage clothing stores. There is not a whole lot to do in Tucson and that is something we enjoy and it quickly passed the time.  The concert was at The Rialto which is a historic theatre in Tucson. It was standing room only and pretty small but we were lucky enough to get close to the front. The Fleet Foxes came on and they did not disappoint. They are one of the few bands I've seen that are actually better live then on their CD. Harmonizing is their strongest point and while they do it on all of their songs, on a few songs the music would stop and it would just be their voices. It was so powerful and beautiful it actually brought tears to my eyes. I felt a little embarrassed but I looked at the guy next to me and he was wiping away tears as well. It was just that good.

Here is a video I found on youtube of them live. It gives a glimpse of their greatness.











No comments: