Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween

Jason and I were on the committee for our church Halloween carnival this year. we were actually the committee for our ward since it was combined with two other wards. my brother and sister in law were the committee for another ward and they were the ones that told them to put us on it. we all thought that we would have other people in the ward to help plan but it turned out that the responsibility was all on us. there was some stress and drama but the carnival overall turned out to be a success. we had carnival game booths, a bounce house, train, and pony rides. it was a fun night that went by in a flash. 

with all the planning Jason and I didn't come up with costumes until the last minute. I ended up getting ready in the church bathroom because I had to go early to help set up. we put our costumes together mainly from things we owned. the only things I bought were my wig, tights, and steampunk goggles. I decided to be Ramona Flowers from Scott Pilgrim vs the World. I knew most likely no one would know who I was but I really wanted to have blue hair and I liked her style so I went with it :). my costume really wasn't complete with everything she has in the movie but I think I did a pretty good job last minute. Jason put on an old army jacket and helmet he had to sell and called it good.

I didn't have my camera so I only have these grainy phone pics. I really need to update my iPhone 4. 




we wanted to have a photo area so I painted this head cutout backdrop. I found one online and copied it and I like how it turned out. I plan on keeping it for future Halloweens.  



 Jason set up a little angry birds sling shot game and it turned out to be the most popular booth! he wasn't able to enjoy anything else since he was working the booth the whole night. 


Brin and her family were the cutest dragon family!

I really liked having short blue hair! I wore the wig around everywhere on Halloween. I am seriously tempted to chop mine off and dye it blue :) 

No comments: