Wednesday, December 31, 2014

so long 2014!

as this year comes to a close I look to reflect on the past year which has been a really, really good one. although there has been a lot of uncertainty and confusion about what to do with my life now that I am done with school, the time I have had to think things through and explore other interests has been really beneficial for me. I feel that there are expectations from others about what I should do now with my life but I don't like to do things just because they are expected of me. I like to do what feels right for me even if the path is different than anticipated or how others are living their lives. everybody has different lives with their own timing and I don't think there is anything wrong with that. I am still working on finding out what is best for me and I feel that this next year will be full of a lot of changes and growth toward where I want to be. 

this year has been full of milestones, adventure and travel for Jason and I. I graduated from ASU with my bachelor's in psychology which had been a long time coming. I had been in school basically for 21 years of my life (with a year or two break) and it was exhilarating to finally be done even though I miss it now. we took our big 3 week cross-country road trip which I will forever be nostalgic for. I would love to do it again with a different route and I hope that big road trips will always be a part of my life no matter my situation. I love to travel and see our beautiful country and how varied it is with its vastly different landscapes and differing cultures in each state. I hope in the near future our next adventure will be an international one! 

I was able to go to California four times this year and Disneyland/Cali adventure twice. I feel very fortunate that I was able to go there that many times after having a huge trip like the one we took. I went with my mom in February to California to visit my brother and his family and that was the first time I went to Disneyland this year. Jason and I went with my sister Brindy and family to California and the beach over my birthday to make it extra special. Jason and I then went in August back to California with his family and stayed at a beach house for a few days. The last trip to Cali was in November when I went to Disneyland with my mom, Brin and her kids. My family also rented a cabin for a family trip in July and Jason and I went to Utah and Las Vegas in September. the total number of states we went to this year was 25 with 22 being on our big trip and California, Utah, and Nevada being added later. it was such a fun year of traveling for us and I am so grateful for it! 

we also went to a lot of fun concerts this year. we went to Neutral Milk Hotel, Interpol, Belle and Sebastian, and The Black Keys. I hope that I always retain my love for music and live shows even after I have kids and when I am the oldest one at the show :)

2014 will be a hard year to top but I am excited to see what 2015 will bring!

here are some of my favorite photos from the year!

January - Gilbert Temple open house

March - Jason took some pics on me in my vintage Easter dress by these pretty trees
 

May - graduation!

cross-country road trip! 












June - California b-day trip




July - family cabin trip 


July 4th (I love this pic of her! :) )

September - Utah & Las Vegas 







October - Belle & Sebastian



what a great year!! :)

No comments: