Thursday, October 8, 2015

Yellowstone - Day 2

we drove back into the park the next morning.
 Firehole Falls -
 Firehole river -
 the umbrella looks so pretty in there :)
there were so many unreal sights all over the park. 
this is the Grand Prismatic Spring one of my favorite things we saw in Yellowstone. I couldn't believe how vivid the colors were.
 we got to Old Faithful Geyser and it still had about an hour until it erupted. we walked around looking at the smaller geysers and hot springs nearby.
there were hundreds of people gathered around waiting for Old Faithful to erupt. it gradually had more steam coming out of it until the eruption happened which lasted for only about 3 minutes. 
 Old Faithful was a perfect grand finale for our time in Yellowstone. Yellowstone was unbelievably beautiful and it was unlike anything I had ever seen before. I feel we saw a lot there or at least the main attractions but I still can't wait to go back to see more someday. 


as we were leaving the park we got to drive by the Grand Teton mountains as the sun was going down. 
 I was a little sad we weren't camping again with the beautiful full moon.






No comments: