Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Festival of Lights Parade

back in late November part of my family was in the Festival of Lights parade on Mill Avenue. my brother and his wife decided to sign up for it and they decorated my parents little train with lights and drove it down Mill. they invited us and we decided to tag along and we're so glad we did- it was a blast! my parents, my brother Clint and wife Michelle with their two kids, Jason's sister and two kids, and Tarley were there. Clint dressed up as the Grinch and was scaring kids the entire time and they loved/were terrified of him! the best part was actually before the parade started and we were just hanging out. we were right in front of Chic-fil-a and the Christmas cows kept coming over by us. they danced with the kids (and adults) and they were hilarious! during the actual parade everyone thought we were part of Chic-fil-a because the cows were always next to our train. we didn't mind though because everyone got really excited to see them. we handed out candy canes to the kids while Clint made them cry as the Grinch- ha! I had never been in a parade before but I wouldn't mind doing it again. 

I only had my phone to take pictures so most of these are blurry, but I still love them! 

Tarley was totally unsure of the cows. this one pet her then picked her up and the entire time she was looking at me to save her. they matched with their black, white and red. 

 this cow grabbed Jason's hands and started dancing with him. Jason just stood there while the cow was dancing and it was so funny. we wondered who was inside and whether they were guys or girls because they didn't talk the entire time.
the kids had so much fun dancing with the cows.
 after the parade Jason and I walked down Mill and got some ice cream. it was a really fun night and I hope they do it again next year!

No comments: