Wednesday, January 13, 2016

New Years Eve

Jason had to work most of New Years Eve night so I decided to have my family over for a little pizza and game night. it was the first time most of my family would see my new house (oh ya we bought a house!! I'll post about that later...) so I wanted it to look its best. I had only decided to have the party the day before and then that morning was a little crazy. Jason and I went to pick up a mid century buffet that Jason's sister had found for me the day before at an antique mall. I had been looking for one for months to use as our tv stand and she found me one for a steal at $100. when we got home I took Tarley for a walk and two dogs started following me so I had to find their home. by the time I had ran to the store and had everything finished my family started showing up. 

we ate pizza, played Rummikub and others games, had a backyard fire (one in our pit and a huge bonfire when we lit our Christmas tree on fire), lit fireworks and had an early New Years eve countdown for the kids at 9. we played games until Jason got home around 11 then we went to Jason's sisters house for more fireworks and the real new years countdown. it was a pretty laid back new years but still a lot of fun! I hope to have many more parties at our house.

 me with Brin's sweet baby Reese.
 our Christmas tree bonfire got enormous really quick and I was definitely nervous my house would burn down. 
 the kids watched a Madagascar countdown on Netflix for an early new years!
 

No comments: