Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Portland - Day 2

the next day we went to Multnomah Falls about an hour outside Portland. it was beautiful but since the waterfall was right by the parking lot and you didn't have to hike to it there were a ton of people.  I would rather have to hike a few miles to a waterfall than have one so accessible and busy. we walked up to the bridge, got a few pics and left. the bridge was packed with people so we didn't stay long. even though it was so busy, I'm still glad we saw it because it was a very pretty falls. 
 we drove back into Portland and got some donuts at Voodoo Donuts. it was way busier (touristy) than Blue Star and the donuts weren't nearly as good, but I think it is definitely worth going for the crazy, interesting decor and unique donut flavors. 
 I love their city motto :)
  after eating our donuts we went on the aerial tram for some excellent views of the city.
 our last stop in Portland was Salt and Straw ice cream. it definitely lived up to the hype and it was some of the best ice cream I have ever had. their flavors were unique to any I had seen before and they all sounded so tasty. it was hard to decide but I ended up getting a scoop of their Strawberry Honey Balsamic with Black Pepper, and a scoop of Sea Salt with Caramel ribbons. I still crave it every once in a while and I really wish they would open one up here. if they had a franchise I would look into owning one but as of now they are all run by the owners, and they seem to be very particular about their locations. this one was beautifully decorated and seemed to be in an area with a lot of great restaurants. we didn't eat anywhere else but we could smell all the delicious food as we walked down the street. 
 we had such a great time in Portland and were sad to leave. I love so many things about the city like the laid back vibe, the music culture, and also all of the delicious food. the main thing I don't like is the abundance of drug use which we luckily didn't see any of. the funniest thing we saw there was a normal guy doing yoga in the park with a homeless man. people just feel comfortable enough there to do anything, no matter how weird.

No comments: