Thursday, September 24, 2015

Cannon Beach

the next morning we went to Cannon Beach. Cannon Beach is known for the giant rock, Haystack Rock, and for being in the film the Goonies. 
 the beach was so beautiful with the mountains, fog, and enormous rocks.

my favorite thing there was the rocks were covered with sea anemones right next to tide pools. it was cool to see the anemones closed out of the water on the rocks and the ones under the water open with a bright green color. as I was looking at the anemones I spotted a sea star stuck up beside them. I got really excited and then realized they were all over! and they were the most beautiful colors of sea stars I had ever seen. 



 we spent a couple hours at the beach but I could've stayed there all day looking at all the sea life. I didn't have a ton of expectations when going to Cannon Beach but it is now one of my favorite beaches I've been to. it was so stunning and the tide pools made it so much better. you have to be there at low tide to be able to see them so we were there at the perfect time. when we first showed up there weren't that many people there but it was way busy by the time we left. I highly recommend coming here if you are in Oregon!
 I liked this captain statue :). the city reminded me a lot of a beach version of Park City in that everything was nice (and a little expensive) but with a laid back, small town charm about it. we didn't eat or stay long in the city because we had to keep moving on.

No comments: