Thursday, September 24, 2015

Seaside Oregon

we stayed that night in Seaside, Oregon at the Gilbert Inn which is a bed and breakfast in an historic home built in 1892. It was very charming and perfect for us since we love old homes so much.
 we went to the beach which was only a short walk from the inn. 
 I love how that partially folded up beach tent in the photo below looks like a cool geometric sculpture.. or maybe it's just me :)

 my lens on my phone was dirty for this pic which is why I look a little foggy.

as I was taking these photos two college boys started talking to us. they were pretty stoned and one guy wanted me to take a picture of the "really cool ripples" and I did (photo below). he couldn't stop talking about it and how beautiful the ripples were. he was pretty funny and he said "sorry I am just really happy right now." his friend just kept laughing at him the whole time. they were so high and very entertaining.

after walking down the promenade we walked around the downtown area which is close to the beach. the downtown was very cute and had a 50's small town feel to it. 
 I had never heard of Seaside before the trip and we stayed there because Jason found the inn for a good price. I am so glad we did because I loved it and it was a great little surprise. the beach was so beautiful and the promenade and downtown were so charming. also, I think its great that the town is so full of history, like it being the end of the Lewis and Clark trail.

No comments: