Wednesday, June 18, 2014

I've got nothing to do today but Smile

the next day we took the subway in from NJ to New York City. we went there for our honeymoon but hadn't been back since. we first went to the One World Trade Center the skyscraper built to replace the World Trade Centers. they had a fountain monument next to it with the names of all the people that were killed.


 we walked along NY Harbor where we could see the Statue of Liberty.


 


 we took the subway to central park and walked around.
 

 









 we walked to Times Square and got half price Broadway tickets to Newsies. I thought the half-price tickets were going to be more secretive rather than in the middle of times square with a huge winding line. it was worth the wait though for half price.




  


we took the subway to Brooklyn, walked around, and went to a vintage shop that was very expensive but had some great stuff. we went to the Brooklyn Bridge Park where we could see the Brooklyn Bridge and the Manhattan Bridge.




 








 

we grabbed some tasty pizza and took the subway back into Manhattan to go see Newsies.
Newsies was so much fun- we loved it! they added a few more songs than the movie that I felt helped tell the story better. the dances were really cool and my favorite part of the show. after the show we had to get back to the subway before 11 when the last train leaves for New Jersey. we had to walk through Times Square and it was crazy. I had never been there when there were so many people and it was making me dizzy. I am usually fine in crowds but they were never ending. I don't even know where all the people were going. It made it worse that I was really tired and with all of the flashing lights and noise I just had to get out of there.


we finally go to the subway station but the entrance was inside the mall that was closed. we didn't know what to do and we were afraid we were stuck in the city for the night when we had a hotel in NJ. we saw someone go into an elevator and so we followed them and luckily it took us to the station. we were on the train all of 30 seconds when it left. midway to our exit the subway broke down and we were stuck on the train for about 20 minutes. I was starting to panic because I am a little claustrophobic. I tried not to think about it and the fact that we were in a tunnel underneath a river. the subway finally started again and we were so happy when we got back to our hotel.

No comments: